Lavender Cottage is one of two properties located in a stunning position with breathtaking views of the Usk Valley and the Black Mountains. This beautiful property has been sensitively restored a few years ago and is close to the pretty village of Talybont-On-Usk (it's only 2 miles away). Lavender Cottage is an ideal base from which to explore all that the Brecon Beacons has to offer. The quiet and beautiful town of Brecon is five miles away and the slightly larger town of Abergavenny can be reached within a twenty minute car journey.
From the cottage you can explore the Brecon Beacons which are the centre piece of the national park and include the highest peaks in South Wales with views as far away as the Bristol Channel and Devon. You can also try out the Brecon Mountain Railway which is 7 mile round trip taking in some of the most beautiful scenery in the National Park.
Wales is often called the 'Land of Castles' with some of the finest examples of medieval castles. Nearby is Tretower Court and Castle, this fine fortress and manor house is in the valley between Brecon and Crickhowell and is well worth a visit. Within a hour's drive of Lavender Cottage is the Big Pit Mining Museum, given Wales' history of mining it really is worth visiting. You have the chance to go deep under ground and experience at first hand what life was like for a coal miner. You are taken down 90 metres to the coal face and guided by ex-colliers. Their stories and tales are fascinating and are a piece of living history.
If you are a keen walker or cyclist there are many paths and routes that are accessible from Lavender Cottage. There is also horse riding close by if you would like to take the time out to do that. All in all Lavender Cottage is an ideal base for families or couples, set in an area of stunning views with so much to do from your doorstep. As there are 2 properties on this site it is worth considering if you are trying to get 2 groups together.
- Bedrooms: 3 (1 double, 1 single, 1 set of bunk beds)
- Sleeps: 5
- Bathrooms: 1 with both bath and shower
- 1 Sitting room with open log fire, Freeview TV and DVD (range of DVDs supplied) and CD/radio
- Fully equipped kitchen with dining table
- Washing machine and dryer
- Full central heating throughout
- Enclosed private garden with barbecue
- Parking directly outside the property
- No smoking property
- Sorry no pets
- 2 miles to the nearest shop & post office
- 2 miles from the pretty village of Talybont-On-Usk
- Walking and cycling routes from cottage
- 5 miles to Brecon town centre
- Restaurant, pubs, several supermarkets, general shops and train station at Brecon
- Riding, bird watching, fishing,mountain biking, rock climbing
- Abergavenny only a twenty minute car journey
- 1 hour to Cardiff, Newport and the M4
- 1 hour to Ross on Wye and the M50
- Country location - ideal for families
Lavender Cottage, Cornwall Farm, Pencelli, LD3 9NH