Heartsease Cottage is set on an elevated postion with breathtaking views of the Black Mountains and equally the Usk Valley. This beautiful self-catering property is one of two properties on the site so worth considering if you are trying to get two families or groups together. Heartsease Cottage was restored a few years ago and the owners have managed to maintain all of its character yet they have still created a stylish self-catering property. Close to the pretty village of Talybont-On-Usk which is only two miles away. Heartsease Cottage has so much to do close by with many walking and cycling routes easily accessible from your doorstep. The pretty town of Brecon is only five miles away, where you can find all the shops, cafes and restaurants you would like. Just slightly further afield, yet still only a twenty minute drive is the larger town of Abergavenny.
Heartsease is based in the Brecon Beacons which include some of the highest peaks in South Wales. From the top there are views of the far away Bristol Channel and Devon. If you would rather let the train take the strain, you can try the Brecon Mountain Railway. The railway is a seven mile round trip giving you the chance to see some of the most impressive views and scenery in the National Park.
For those of you interested in history, Wales is known for its castles, particularly medieval castles. Close to Heartsease Cottage is Tretower Court and Castle, a fortress and manor house situated in the valley between Brecon and Crickhowell. This is just one of many medival castles you can visit.
Wales is known for its mining history and whilst you at Heartsease, in under an hour's drive of the property, is the Big Pit Mining Museum. It's great for adults and children alike. You can really experience a miner's life by going deep under ground 90 metres to the coal face where you are guided by ex-colliers. Their stories and tales are fascinating and are a piece of living history.
Apart from cycling and walking there is also horse riding nearby should you find that you have time. Heartsease Cottage is an perfect base for families with it's country location yet accessibility to many of Brecon Beacon's attractions.
- Bedrooms: 3 (1 double, 2 singles)
- Sleeps: 4
- Bathrooms: 1 with both bath and shower
- Sitting room with open log fire, Freeview TV and DVD (range of DVDs supplied) and CD/radio
- Fully equipped kitchen with dining table, oven and microwave
- Washing machine and dryer
- Full central heating throughout
- Enclosed private garden with barbecue
- Parking directly outside the property
- No smoking property
- Sorry no pets
- 2 miles to the nearest shop & post office
- 2 miles from the pretty village of Talybont-On-Usk
- Walking and cycling routes from cottage
- 5 miles to Brecon town centre
- Restaurant, pubs, several supermarkets, general shops and train station at Brecon
- Riding, bird watching, fishing,mountain biking, rock climbing
- Abergavenny only a twenty minute car journey
- 1 hour to Cardiff, Newport and the M4
- 1 hour to Ross on Wye and the M50
- Country location - ideal for families
Heartsease Cottage, Cornwall Farm, Pencelli, LD3 9NH